WedMD website blends award-winning expertise in medicine, journalism, health communication and content creation to bring you the best health information po…
When you are out looking for a good health website, you can get quite confused over the choices available. That is why we have put together a top 10 list of recommended sites which you can visit when you are in the mood for a makeover.
Here are the 10 most visited health Websites ranked by a combination of Inbound Links, Google Page Rank, Alexa Rank, and U.S. traffic data from Compete and Quantcast.
12,228,178 – Inbound Links | 19,863,624 – Compete Monthly Visitors | 15,700,000 – Quantcast Monthly Visitors | 691 – Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 8
WedMD website blends award-winning expertise in medicine, journalism, health communication and content creation to bring you the best health information possible. Others in the fields of media and health have recognized their efforts over the years, to offer credible and in-depth medical news, features, reference material, and online community programs.
Message Boards, Newsletters, and Live Events provide you with ample opportunity to share your experience with others and get information that is most relevant to you. If you have a website, add FREE health news to your web site. Simply fill out their Online Form and you’ll be contacted by a WebMD representative to help you implement the service.
* WebMD – Better information. Better health. The leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and information. Providing credible health information, supportive community, and educational services by blending award-winning expertise in content, community services, expert co
2 – NIH
16,661,993 – Inbound Links | 8,564,156 – Compete Monthly Visitors | 10,800,000 – Quantcast Monthly Visitors | 401 – Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 9
Begun as a one-room Laboratory of Hygiene in 1887, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) today is one of the world’s foremost medical research centers. NIH engages in a wide range of outreach efforts, including nationwide events, requests for public input on NIH projects, and special programs designed specifically to involve public representatives in the clinical research enterprise.
Its mission is science in pursuit of fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to extend healthy life and reduce the burdens of illness and disability.
The goals of the agency are as follows:
1- Foster fundamental creative discoveries, innovative research strategies, and their applications as a basis to advance significantly the Nation’s capacity to protect and improve health; 2- Develop, maintain, and renew scientific human and physical resources that will ensure the Nation’s capability to prevent disease; 3- Expand the knowledge base in medical and associated sciences in order to enhance the Nation’s economic well-being and ensure a continued high return on the public investment in research; and 4- Exemplify and promote the highest level of scientific integrity, public accountability, and social responsibility in the conduct of science.
* National Institutes of Health (NIH) – Home Page Official website of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NIH is one of the world’s foremost medical research centers. An agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the NIH is the Federal focal point for health research. The NIH w
1,032,253 – Inbound Links | 5,785,245 – Compete Monthly Visitors | 7,700,000 – Quantcast Monthly Visitors | 1,713 – Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 7
MedicineN is an online, health care media publishing company. It provides easy-to-read, in-depth, authoritative medical information for consumers via its robust, user-friendly, interactive web site. Since 1996, MedicineN has had a highly accomplished, uniquely experienced team of qualified executives in the fields of medicine, health care, Internet technology, and business to bring you the most comprehensive, sought after health care information anywhere. Nationally recognized, Doctor-Produced by a network of over 70 U.S. Board Certified Physicians.
* MedicineNet – Health and Medical Information Produced by Doctors Read doctor-produced health and medical information written for you to make informed decisions about your health concerns.
512,897 – Inbound Links | 6,258,849 – Compete Monthly Visitors | 8,200,000 – Quantcast Monthly Visitors | 1,985 – Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 7
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical practice dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of virtually every type of complex illness.
Mayo Clinic’s three main Web sites provide information and services from the world’s first and largest integrated, not-for-profit group medical practice. You can manage your health with information and tools that reflect the expertise of Mayo’s 3,400 physicians and scientists, learn how to access medical services, and discover Mayo’s medical research and education offerings.
1- Health Information Manage your health with their useful and up-to-date information in more than 35 disease and lifestyle categories. 2- Medical Services Learn about medical services at Mayo Clinic, how to make an appointment and the unique Mayo Clinic Model of Care. 3- Education and Research Explore the world of medical research and education at Mayo Clinic, from laboratory and clinical trials to our schools for aspiring and current medical professionals.
* Mayo Clinic medical information and tools for healthy living – MayoC Mayo Clinic offers award-winning medical and health information and tools for healthy living.
5- Yahoo! Health
204,616 – Inbound Links | 6,896,632 – Compete Monthly Visitors | 4,800,000 – Quantcast Monthly Visitors | NA – Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 8
It is a website that belongs to Y . Its homepage comprises health news, health expert advice, BMI calculator, links to other pages, and a search box. Other pages are; Everyday Wellness for conditions, Diet & Fitness for weight management, Mind & Mood, Longevity, Health A-Z, and Drugs.
* Yahoo! Health: Diet & Fitness, Mind & Mood, Longevity, Conditions & Diseases, & Drug Find information on wellness, diet, fitness, weight loss, mental health, anti-aging, conditions & diseases, drugs & medications, and more on Yahoo! Health
304,532 – Inbound Links | 4,634,475 – Compete Monthly Visitors | 6,300,000 – Quantcast Monthly Visitors | 4,075 – Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 5
* RightHealth: Quality Health Information Organized for You
627,853 – Inbound Links | 4,078,840 – Compete Monthly Visitors | 5,400,000 – Quantcast Monthly Visitors | 2,510 – Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 7
D contains a huge database on drugs, OTC medicines, and natural products. They provide free, accurate and independent advice on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products.
Data sources include Micromedex™ [Updated 2 February 2010], Cerner Multum™ [Updated 13 February 2010], Wolters Kluwer™ [Updated 4 March 2010] and others.
* D | Prescription Drugs – Information, Interactions & Side Effects Prescription drug information and news for professionals and consumers. Search our drug database for comprehensive prescription and patient information on 24,000 drugs online
823,330 – Inbound Links | 2,353,736 – Compete Monthly Visitors | 3,500,000 – Quantcast Monthly Visitors | 5,785 – Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 8
RxList is an online medical resource dedicated to offering detailed and current pharmaceutical information on brand and generic drugs.
On RxList information on medications can be found using the Drugs A – Z list (an alphabetical listing of both brand and generic drug names) or by entering the generic or brand drug name in the search box at the top of the page and clicking search. There is a pill identification tool to let you identify a pill.
If you are a consumer, you can contact RxList using their Contact Form.
* RxList – The Internet Drug Index for prescription drugs and medications Medications and prescription drug information for consumers and medical health professionals. The most popular drugs and their side effects, interactions, and use.
9- RealA , or live life to the youngest
A team of experts, which includes physicians, epidemiologists, and medical writers who research the latest findings published in peer-reviewed medical and science journals, and develop all the information on the site. All RealAge content is held up to stringent scientific review.
* RealAge – Live Life to the Youngest Take the RealAge Test for a personalized plan to help you eat healthier, sleep better, look younger and live longer. Health information you can trust.
105,183 – Inbound Links | 2,497,126 – Compete Monthly Visitors | 2,600,000 – Quantcast Monthly Visitors | 3,436 – Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 6
* Medical Information & Answers to Medical Questions – MedHelp Medical communities and forums staffed by doctors from leading medical centers. Over 325 forums and communities providing medical information and medical help.