Corporate chair massage has quickly become one of the most popular and requested benefits in the workplace today. The physical demands of long hours at the…
Across the nation and here in Columbus, Ohio, companies are experiencing the benefits of massage in the workplace!
Corporate chair massage has quickly become one of the most popular and requested benefits in the workplace today. The physical demands of long hours at the computer and the high stress of the new marketplace have made work stress reduction necessary. Chair massage reduces fatigue and tension for greater productivity and safety. Whether your company uses chair massage through a regular employee wellness or benefits package, or as part of an incentive program, a chair massage program can be an asset to your human resource department and your company.
The Benefits of On-Site Massage
1. Increased morale and productivity.
When Fortune magazine featured the best 100 companies to work for in America, they emphasized corporate perks such as massage therapy. These benefits were shown to empower workers and positively affect the success of the business. The Gallup poll summarized that “employee attitudes correlate strongly with higher profits.”
2. Relief of stress and fatigue.
On-site massage is an energizing massage, but it also relaxes the muscles and soothes the spirit. Workers surveyed by Time magazine preferred massage over coffee breaks!
3. Massage opens the mind and increases alertness.
Massage clears thinking and releases the individual’s innate creativity. “A 15 minute massage increases alertness and performance,” reports Dr. Tiffany Fields in Life magazine’s eight page cover story on massage.
4. Massage increases brain power and sharpens the senses.
The Miami Research Institute of Florida reported that office workers who were massaged completed a math test more quickly and with fewer errors!
5. Massage frees the body, enhances emotional well being and reduces the damaging effects of stress.
Massage can help relieve backaches, headaches, muscle spasm and pain, reduce blood pressure, and improve circulation.
How Corporate Massage Therapy Works
* Typical on-site massage is done in 10-20 minute sessions and is done through the clothing, aiming at the shoulders, neck, arms, and back.
* The therapist will bring a specially designed massage chair, relaxation music and any other supplies needed.
* Appointments are booked in advance. The company will usually provide a sign-up sheet and send out a memo to the associates.
* Employees may have an option of signing up for one session or two for a longer massage.
* It is advantageous to send a weekly email to remind associates of their massage appointments and if any openings are available.
What Payment Methods Are Accepted?
The company may pay 100%, split the cost, or simply make this service available for the employees to pay themselves. Cash or checks may be used for payment and possibly credit cards or flexible spending accounts.
Tax and Insurance Benefits
* Massage can be a tax deductible medical expense.
* In some situations, a flexible spending account may be used for massage.
* Large companies often offer incentives for employees to participate in exercise and wellness programs.
How to Find Corporate Massage Therapy in Columbus, Ohio
Corporate massage therapy is a service typically provided by licensed massage therapists working in dedicated massage therapy offices rather than by massage therapists working in a spa environment. To find a provider of corporate massage therapy, contact licensed massage therapy offices in your area or a professional massage therapy association.