Our fundamentals of nursing book is intended to introduce the student nurse to a brief overview of nursing and clinical nursing skills that may be encounte…
Made Incredibly Easy! breaks down challenging clinical concepts – the ones that we know can be difficult to grasp – and presents them in a refreshingly original, humorous, engaging series of books.
Our fundamentals of nursing book is intended to introduce the student nurse to a brief overview of nursing and clinical nursing skills that may be encountered on their clinical placement. It may also be useful to those who want to return to nursing, or even those who have been nursing for some time and need a refresher!
The content is organised into three logical parts. The first, ‘Foundational Concepts’ provides an overview of nursing and offers information on health care, ethical and legal considerations, and the nursing process. The second part, ‘General Nursing Skills’ covers communication, health assessment, vital signs, infection and key medication information. The final part, ‘Physiological Needs’ contains information on oxygenation, patient self-care, mobility, skin integrity, pain management, nutrition and urinary and bowel elimination.
Pat Berridge and Catherine Liddle have ensured the book offers a wealth of information that take into account the UK legal and professional aspects of nursing.
The fundamentals of nursing book looks at all the instructions, information and core topics of nursing including:
- Examining the latest skills and concepts, such as evidence-based practice, critical thinking, leadership and management, continuity of care and cultural considerations
- Discuss factors that affect a patient’s health and the effects of illness
- Refers to UK publications and guidelines
- Takes into account UK legal and professional aspects of nursing.
Each chapter starts with a brief outline of its content, allowing readers to quickly determine where they should focus. A quiz at the end of each chapter serves to challenge readers on how much information they have absorbed. Memory joggers offer simple tricks to help readers remember key information. Fun illustrations and cartoons making learning fun – the surest way to keep readers interested.
To make learning the fundamentals easy and enjoyable to learn:
- Teacher’s Lounge – provides patient-teaching tips
- Take Note! – offers documentation tips
- Stay on the Ball – outlines critical areas involving possible risks and complications
- Memory Joggers – illustrations and quick quizzes simplify difficult concepts and reinforce learning
- Ages and Stages – identifies areas where age could impact on care.
Pat Berrige MA (Ed), PG Dip Ed, BSc (Hons), RGN, RNT is a senior lecturer at the Faculty of Health, Birmingham City University and is also a Deputy Programme Director.
Catherine Liddle MA (Ed), PG Dip Ed, BSc (Hons), RGN, RNT is a senior lecturer at the Faculty of Health, Birmingham City University and is also a Deputy Programme Director.