Cats Claw may not be as well known as some other herbs but the protection it can give to the body and its overall health benefits have seen it rise dramati…
Cats Claw may not be as well known as some other herbs but the protection it can give to the body and its overall health benefits have seen it rise dramatically in popularity.
Let’s take a closer look at Cats Claw and its immense health benefits.
Cat’s Claw is a tropical woody vine that grows in the rain forests and jungles of Peru and has been referred to as “Miracle Herb of the Rain Forest “.
The vine derives its name from the small thorns at the base of the leaves, which look like a cat’s claw.
It has been drawing increasingly more interest among the proponents of natural health care and Cats Claw has been the subject of medical research since the 1970’s.
These studies suggest that Cats Claw may help in the treatment of:
Arthritis, bursitis, allergies, diabetes, lupus, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer, herpes, organic depression, menstrual problems and also beneficial for conditions of the stomach and intestines.
Protection of the immune system
Cats Claw is proven to boost the immune system.
Cat’s claw is valued largely because of its immune-building properties and although not as well known as more popular herbs such as Echinacea, goldenseal, Pau D’Arco, garlic, and ginseng is seen as being just as important.
With the spread of HIV medical research has intensified in this area as well.
The active ingredients in Cat’s Claw are alkaloids, tannins and several other phytochemicals such as oxinole alkaloids, triterpines, glycosides, and sterols. These phytochemicals have adaptogenic, anti-tumor, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Helps the body fight off infections by helping the body’s immune system
• Helps Protect the body against degenerative diseases and aging
• Seen to reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks by reducing the heart rate lowering blood pressure, improving circulation as well as controlling cholesterol
• Used to treat and protect against arthritis and rheumatism, as well as, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, PMS, lupus, and prostrate problems
• Used in the treatment of cancer, acne, diverticulitis, parasites, hemorrhoids, as well as varicose veins.
• Helps treat digestive disorders including ulcers, gastritis, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease and conditions involving chronic inflammation
• Used in the treatment of herpes infections
• Acts as an all round powerful antioxidant to help protect the body from free radicals.
When looking at essential herbs to take for better overall health don’t overlook Cats Claw, as we have seen its benefits are immense.