Prevention of cancer is very important in the present day of increasing cancer cases. Cancer prevention treatment focuses on the dietary habits and other l…
Vaccination can prevent certain types of cancer that are caused by viruses. A reliable cancer detection centre helps patients to detect the disease at an early stage and advise on the appropriate treatment methods.
- Use of tobacco is directly linked with about 30% of all cancers. Avoiding exposure to tobacco smoke can reduce the risk of lung, kidney, bladder, and head and neck cancer. Stopping of snuffing/chewing tobacco reduces the risk of cancer of the mouth and tongue.
- Reducing the consumption of alcohol will offset the risk of head and neck, liver, and esophageal cancer.
- It is recommended to minimize the intake of fatty foods to decrease the risk of breast and colon cancer.
- Do not expose yourself to the midday sun to reduce the risk of skin cancer. Protect your skin from sunlight using sunscreen lotion with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15 that protects against both ultraviolet A and ultraviolet B light.
- Papanicolaou (Pap) tests can help prevent cervical cancers by detecting precancerous changes in cells of the cervix at an earlier stage.
- Vaccination against HPV (Human Papillomavirus) before the first sexual encounter can prevent cervical cancer. Human Papillomavirus also promotes the risk of anal cancer and some types of cancer occurring in the parts of head and neck.
- Vaccination to prevent jaundice (hepatitis B virus) can also assist in the prevention of liver cancer.
Safe lifestyle modifications to prevent cancer:
- As far as possible, try to avoid exposure to atmosphere polluted with carcinogens like asbestos.
- Do not resort to hormone therapy (for example, estrogen and progesterone) for symptoms of menopause.
- Always curtail the consumption of processed meat.
- Make it a habit to consume more quantities of fresh fruits and vegetables during lunch and dinner.
- Eat whole-grain foods/products made from whole-grains as often as possible.
- Keep yourself active by exercising, jogging and playing sports.
- Maintain your body weight to have the correct BMI.
Cancer detection center
The best way to fight the dangerous disease is to undergo periodical screening by qualified medical personnel at a notified cancer detection centre. The centre will provide a complete screening as indicated below:
- Clinical examination by three specialist doctors: ear-nose-throat (ENT) surgeon, General surgeon, and Gynecologist.
- Routine Blood count
- X-ray examination of chest
Cancer detection centre also guides people on the following cancer related issues:
- Coaching women on how to conduct self breast examination to detect symptoms of breast cancer.
- Advising treatment for common ailments as per the findings from the examinations conducted at the centre.
- Recommending special investigations wherever required, at concessional rates.
- Follow up cases on advised investigations and especially of suspicious cases by letters and other media of communication.
- Explaining the people on the importance of cancer Insurance.
- Generating medical examination reports on the tests conducted at the centre and providing a copy of the report to the concerned person. Maintaining the chronological medical history of each patient for future reference and analysis.
NP Screen kit is an exclusive cancer detection kit that helps find the occurrence of cancer cells at a very early stage facilitating complete cure of the disease.